Guavaween 2012: The Many Shades Of Ybor
Saturday, October 27 Guavaween
6:00PM - 2:00AM
Guavaween 2012 is alive and well, and features both the annual costume contest and new indoor music festival. The theme for the 27th edition of Tampa's nationally-known Halloween celebration is "The Many Shades Of Ybor." The music festival includes over 30 bands representing national, regional and local talent in seven venues throughout Ybor. The costume contest draws competitors from all over the country with a $1,000 1st prize, $500 2nd prize and $250 for 3rd and will be hosted again this year by none other than Mama Guava!*
While there is no fence or wetzone this year, visitors are encouraged to come in costume to enjoy the top notch entertainment & Ybor City's wide array of cafes, restaurants, cigar bars and pubs!.
Participation in the music festival requires a universal wristband available in advance for only $20; $30 the day of the event, and is an age 18 & up event.
Music venues and performers include:
- Beach Day - '60s Surf, Girl Group Garage (8PM - 9PM)
- Fake Problems - Indie Punk (9:15PM - 10:15PM)
- Ketchy Shuby - Downtown Soul (10:15PM - 10:45PM)
- The Hold Steady - Rock & Roll (10:50PM - 12:20PM)
- Sunbears! - Rock, Electro-Acoustic, Psychedelic Pop (8PM - 8:45PM)
- Hank & Cupcakes - Edgy Pop (9PM - 9:45PM)
- Tortured Soul - Live Soul, House, Electronic (10:15PM - 11:15PM)
- Rubblebucket - Psychedelic Indie Rock, Upbeat Dance (11:30PM - 12:45AM)
- Sounduo - Post-Dub, Glitch, Electronic (1:15AM - 2:45AM)
- Thomas Wynn & the Believers - Spirited Rock, Southern Soul R&B (7PM - 8:15PM)
- Steven A. Clark - Pop, R&B, Soul (8:45PM - 9:45PM)
- Kendra Morris - Soul (10:15PM - 11:15PM)
- Adrian Younge - Vintage Soul, Psychedelic Rock (11:45PM - 1:15AM)
- Auto!Automatic!! - Instrumental Rock (7PM - 8PM)
- Saskatchewan - Dream Pop (8:30PM - 9:15PM)
- Have Gun, Will Travel - Americana, Folk, Indie, Rock (9:45PM - 11PM)
- Jessica Lea Mayfield - Indie, Ambient, Folk Rock (11:30PM - 12:45AM)
- Michael Parallax - Electronic Spiritual Revival (1AM - 1:50AM)
- James-Lange Theory - Natural, Organic, and Gluten Free (6:45PM - 7:30PM)
- Sonen - Indie, Electro, Future, Pop (7:45PM - 8:30PM)
- Florida Night Heat - Rock & Roll, Instrumental, Psychedelic (9PM - 10PM)
- The Same - Indie, Rock, Progressive (10:30PM - 11:30PM)
- Levek - Tender Spook (12AM - 1AM)
- Zulu Wave - Rock, Pop, Indie, Experimental, Progressive (6PM - 6:45PM)
- Old Man Markley - Bluegrass, Punk (7PM - 8PM)
- The Intelligence - Lo-fi Post-Punk Rock (8:30PM - 9:15PM)
- King Tuff - Garage, Power Pop (9:45PM - 10:30PM)
- The Wholetones - Bluegrass, Folk, Jazz, Punk (11PM - 12:15AM)
- The New Familiars - American Rock & Roll (12:45AM - 1:45AM)
Centro Ybor (site of the Custom Contest Sponsored by Bud Lite Platinum)*
- Vasti - Latin Infused Rock, Punk (7:30PM - 8:15PM)
- Distinguished Men of Brass - Marching Band, Latin Brass (8:30PM - 8:55PM)
- Costume Contest hosted by Mama Guava (9PM - 9:45PM)
- Distinguished Men of Brass - Marching Band, Latin Brass(10PM - 10:45PM)
*Participants for the Guavaween Custom Contest will be drawn at random from event attendees. Entries must have an event wristband to qualify. Prizes of $1,000, $500, & $250 will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places respectively.
Enjoy all the fun Ybor has to offer with lots of music, costumes and fun!
or visit the ticket outlet** nearest you:
- The Ybor City Visitor Information Center (1600 East 8th Avenue Tampa, FL 33605)
- Microgroove (4906 North Florida Avenue Tampa, FL 33603)
- Daddy Kool Records (666 Central Avenue St. Petersburg, FL 33701)
- Mojo Books & Music (2540 East Fowler Avenue Tampa, FL 33612)
- The Hub ( 719 North Franklin Street Tampa, FL 33602)
** Print-at-home advanced tickets, print must be exchanged for the universal wristband the day of the event at the 1st floor Muvico ticket box office located in Centro Ybor (1600 East 8th Avenue). Print-at-home tickets and $20 advance "hard" tickets will be exchanged until 1:00AM before the close of all shows.
For more information, please call 813.241.8838.
Follow Guavaween on Facebook by Clicking Here!
Guavaween: The Many Shades of Ybor is sponsored by: